Conservative and Surgical Neck Pain Management Options for Residents of Monroe Township, NJ
Neck pain is very common and can take several forms. For instance, you might experience temporary stiffness upon waking up in the morning, tingling sensations that occasionally run down one of your arms, or sharp twinges whenever you turn your head. At Spine Care New Jersey, we offer a full range of neck pain management options for residents of Monroe Township, NJ. Regardless of the nature of your symptoms, we can help you find the relief you need.
How is neck pain treated?
The path to finding effective neck pain relief always begins with an accurate diagnosis. After identifying the precise cause of your discomfort, the spine experts at Spine Care New Jersey may recommend a neck pain management plan to address:
- Age-related degeneration – Over time, the joints in your neck can break down and lose flexibility, which can contribute to neck pain and stiffness.
- A muscle strain – Heavy lifting, poor posture, or simply sleeping with your neck in an awkward position can strain a muscle that provides support to your head and neck.
- A neck injury – A sudden impact sustained in a fall or collision can jar your head and spine and overextend the supporting muscles, which can lead to whiplash and other injuries.
- Ongoing wear and tear – Hunching over a computer screen or leaning forward while driving for hours on end can take a toll on the muscles in your neck.
- A cervical bulging disc – If a spinal disc in your neck becomes damaged and bulges out of its normal position, it can irritate or compress a spinal nerve root, which can cause pain, numbness, tingling sensations, or muscle weakness that radiates down one arm.
Spine Care New Jersey offers both conservative and surgical neck pain management options. Our board-certified, fellowship-trained spine surgeons can work with our in-house pain management specialist to develop an appropriate treatment plan for you, which may include a targeted physical therapy program, soft cervical collar, or corticosteroid injection. To address pain that is severe, continues to worsen, or is related to spinal nerve compression, we may recommend a surgical procedure.
If you’re ready to explore your neck pain management options, contact Spine Care New Jersey to schedule an appointment with a spinal specialist at our office, which is located near Monroe Township, NJ.