Orthopedic Spine Specialists Offering Back Pain Management Options in Monroe Township, NJ
If you have chronic back pain, you may have choices other than undergoing a surgical procedure or simply learning to live with your discomfort. At Spine Care New Jersey in Monroe Township, NJ, our board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons perform the latest surgical techniques, but we also offer an array of conservative back pain management options that are often very effective. In fact, some of our patients achieve such good results that they no longer feel the need to consider surgery.
Many people from the Monroe Township, New Jersey, area turn to the team at Spine Care New Jersey for help with back pain management. Spinal discomfort is very common and can stem from many issues, some of which are highly complex. Therefore, its treatment is best overseen by an experienced spine care specialist.
Because every individual (and every spine condition) is unique, effective back pain management can take many forms. Our spine surgeons work closely with our pain management specialist, who is double-board-certified in interventional pain management and rehabilitation, to develop a personalized treatment plan for each patient, which may include:
- Physical therapy – A customized regimen of stretches and exercises can increase strength, enhance flexibility, and restore range of motion, as well as improve cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, and general health.
- Manual techniques – Through a controlled application of manual pressure to painful joints, muscles, and ligaments in the spine, a therapist can help relieve back pain and reduce inflammation.
- Behavioral modification – Some patients benefit from using relaxation techniques, coping strategies, or biofeedback, which involves learning to control muscle tension, blood pressure, and heart rate.
- Hot and cold therapy – Using a heating pad or ice pack to superficially warm or cool the skin in a painful area can be particularly effective for back pain management when used along with physical therapy and other treatments.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) – TENS therapy can help alleviate back pain through the delivery of low-voltage electrical stimulation, which can interact with the sensory nervous system and help prevent the transmission of pain signals.
If you’d like to discuss your back pain management options with a spine specialist at New Jersey Spine Care in Monroe Township, NJ, contact us to schedule an appointment. To help ensure that you make the most of your time with us, you might prepare in advance by jotting down some notes about your symptoms, including their frequency, severity, and response to any treatments you’ve tried. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions in advance of your consultation.